Chromebook Wifi Troubleshooting
- Google validates the design with all major network providers
- Always update to the latest Chrome OS version as Google provides improvements to speed, battery life, and connection services.
Steps to Take:
- Check a Chromebook log to see the error - Link on how to do this.
- Contact the group responsible for networking services to help with configuration changes and provide the log details.
- Contact Google Support in the admin panel - The log files will help them analyze the possible issues.
- Run the Chrome Connectivity Diagnostics App on the Chromebook - Link
Questions to ask:
- Are the devices on the current OS version?
- Is it all devices having the issue?
- Are all building / schools exhibiting the issue?
- Do they connect to a hotspot reliability?
- Do they connect to an open network reliably?
- Has the Chromebook been rebooted?
- Has the password been verified? (Log and Diagnostics App will show any issue)
- Is Wifi is turned on?