The 2go PC Convertible ships pre-installed with Parents Carefree parental control software.
Parents Carefree allows you to lock down the computer to control when a child can or cannot use the 2go PC.
This software also prevents you from changing the Time and Date on the 2go PC.
Accessing Parents Carefree Settings:
· In the bottom right of your computer’s screen should be a Parents Carefree logo, the green “P”.
· If you do not see the logo, it may be hidden by Windows.
· To access “Hidden Icons”, you must click the white up arrow on the task bar at the bottom right of the screen.
· Click on the Parents Carefree icon, this will open a small menu window.
· Click “Settings” in this menu.
· A Parents Carefree window will pop up asking you for a password.
o If you have not created a password yet, leave the field blank and click okay.
o If you have created a password, enter the password and click okay.
· A “Settings” window will pop up.
· In the center of this window will be a field to type in a new password, and a field to verify the password.
· To create/change your password, type the password you want into both of these fields and click okay.
· The password you entered here, is the password you will want to use whenever you are prompted for a Parents Carefree password on this computer.
Changing the Time and Date:
· Click on the time and date on your computer’s task bar in the bottom right of the screen.
· On the window that pops up, click “Change Time and Date Settings…”
· On the new window that pops up, click “Change date and time…”
· A calendar and clock will appear, select the time and date that you want and click okay.
· A Parents Carefree window will pop up informing you that the Date and Time are controlled by Parents Carefree
· In the Parents Carefree window, click the “Settings system date/time” button
· You will be prompted for a password. Enter the password you have previously setup in the Parents Carefree settings window.
o If you have not set up a password for Parents Carefree you cannot change the time and date.
· A new window will appear that allows you to change the time and date.
o This is where any changes to the time and date must be made.
· Once you have the correct time and date set, press okay.